This website is owned and operated by GMA Garnet Group. Your privacy, when using our website is of utmost importance to us. Therefore, it is important that you know and fully understand how we deal with any information we obtain from you when you use our Internet resources.
Information GMA Garnet Group gathers and tracks
GMA Garnet Group gathers two types of information about users:
- Information that users provide through optional, voluntary submissions. These are voluntary submissions to receive our electronic newsletters, to email a friend, participate in online surveys, to answer your online queries, fulfill your orders or to provide you with other specific services.
- Information gathered through aggregated tracking information derived mainly by tallying page views throughout our website. We collect details such as domain names of visitors where the data is collated solely to give us statistical information such as which pages are most popular, how many people access our website, and how long they spend at each. This information may then be used to help us enhance the design, content and functioning of our website.
GMA Garnet Group Gathers User Information In The Following Processes:
Optional Voluntary Information
- Electronic newsletters
We offer a free electronic newsletter to users. GMA Garnet Group gathers the email addresses of users who voluntarily subscribe. Users may remove themselves from this mailing list by writing to a dedicated email address stated in every newsletter.
- “E-mail this to a friend” Service
Our website users can choose to electronically forward a link, page, or documents to someone else by clicking “e-mail this to a friend”. The user must provide their email address and name, as well as that of the recipient. This information is used only in the case of transmission errors and, of course, to let the recipient know who sent the email. The information is not used for any other purpose.
We track user traffic patterns throughout the website. However, we do not correlate this information with data about individual users. We use tracking information to determine which areas of our website users like and don’t like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build better information and content in future for you.
We may place a text file called a “cookie” in the browser files of your computer. Cookies are small data packages that are sent to a browser by a website. The cookie itself does not contain Personal Information although it will enable us to relate your use of this website to information that you have specifically and knowingly provided. A cookie can’t read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other websites. If you receive a cookie when you visit our website, it may be stored by your computer and will enable us to identify you when you visit again. If you do not want to receive cookies, you can change the preference or option settings of your Internet browser to stop all or some cookies from being accepted by your computer. You can also set your browser so that it alerts you every time a cookie is sent to you.
Sharing of Information
GMA Garnet Group will not share information about individual users with any third party, except to comply with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
As part of the online service we provide, our website may contain links to other websites such as those of our business and joint-venture partners. We make every effort to only link to websites that share our own high standards of service and our conscientious approach to the issue of privacy; however, we cannot take any responsibility for the actual way in which these websites implement their own privacy procedures or the content or services that they provide.
We give users options wherever necessary and practical. Such choices include:
- Opting not to register to receive our electronic newsletters.
- Opting not to participate in certain interactive areas, which completely alleviates the need to gather any personally identifiable information from our users
You can be assured that we have taken every feasible step to ensure that your information is secure. However, because the Internet has an inherently open character you should be aware that your data might travel through connections that are not under our control or scrutiny and are not secure. Because of this, there is a possibility that third parties may gain access to your data and utilise it. Such an eventuality is, unfortunately, beyond our control.