High Performance Maintenance Grade Garnet Abrasive
GMA PremiumBlast™ garnet abrasive is a high performance, maintenance grade blasting abrasive that delivers the most efficient and cost-effective blast cleaning for surfaces that have heavy rust or thick coatings.
GMA PremiumBlast™ ideally suited for surface preparation for maintenance and repair applications for the following industries:
- Building industry and structural steel.
- Construction and maintenance of containers and tanks, tank trucks and rail tanks, wagons and coaches.
- Maintenance of chemical plants, power stations, mining and processing equipment, gas and sewerage plants, desalination and industrial plants.
- Oil and Petrochemical maintenance in refineries and storage tanks including on-shore and off-shore installation.
- Shipyards, conversion and repair including anti-magnetic and other special steels.
Unique and Cost-Saving Advantages
Superior cleaning rate – up to twice the performance of conventional abrasives, with more grains per volume (typical 13 million grains per kg) of active abrasive particles impacting the surface at the rate of 15-20m2 per hour.
Low consumption rate of 10-12kg/m2 is easily achieved. GMA PremiumBlast™ is recyclable up to 4-6 times (depending on the application) due to its superior toughness and low friability (7.5-8.0 Mohs). It is possible to reduce garnet consumption by 60% via recycling.
SA3 white metal is effortlessly achieved. The shape and size of the grains ensure an even surface profile of 50-85 microns at 100psi at the blast nozzle.